Issue 447: A7 Embedding as a Physical Feature like entity
In the 45th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and SO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 38th FRBR – CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting and in the context of discussing issue 283 (superproperties to CRMarchaeo properties), and according to the decision reached in the 43rd meeting of the CIDOC-CRM sig, A7 Embedding should not be declared a temporal entity (previously adopted semantics for A7: isA E3 Condition State) but some sort of feature-like entity (like for instance S20 Rigid Physical Feature).
This decision has implications regarding the semantics of A7 as well as the properties linking it to other CRM classes (plus their superproperties).
Affected properties are:
- AP17 is found by (found) [D: A7 Embedding; R: S19 Encounter Event]
- AP18 is embedding of (is embedded) [D: A7 Embedding; R: E18 Physical Thing]
- AP19 is embedding in (contains embedding) [[D: A7 Embedding; R: A2 Stratigraphic Volume Unit]
- AP20 is embedding at (contains) [D: A7 Embedding; R: E53 Place]
- AP21 contains (is contained in) [D: A2 Stratigraphic Volume Unit, R: E18 Physical Thing]
[this one is a shortcut from the fully developed path:
A2 Stratigraphic Volume Unit -- AP19i contains embedding --> A7 Embedding -- AP18 is embedding of --> E18 Physical Thing
hence any decision reached for A7 and affected properties AP18/19 will also affect AP21]
HW: CEO to edit A7 Embedding accordingly and also check properties AP17 through AP21 (check for consistency with newly postulated semantics for A7 and also determine their superproperties). This HW was not explicitly assigned over the 45th CRM sig meeting, but it was a pending decision from the 43rd meeting, and the HW had previously been assigned to CEO.
Heraklion, October 2019